The City of Bedford has the following Boards and Commissions:

  • Planning Commission
  • Board of Zoning Appeals
  • Board of Building Standards and Appeals
  • Assessment Equalization Board
  • Civil Service Commission
  • Arts and Cultural Board
  • Tree Board
  • Bedford Historical Preservation Board
  • Animal Appeals Board

Any Bedford resident interested in serving on a Board or Commission can send a resume or letter stating which Board you are interested in and a brief background of yourself and why you are qualified to serve on that particular board. At this time, all Board positions are filled but we do keep letters and resumes of interested residents for when we have an opening.

Send resumes to: Lorree Villers, Clerk of Council
City of Bedford
165 Center Road
Bedford, OH 44146

Contact Information for Boards and Commissions

Please call or email the contact below for the following Boards and Commissions:
Animal Appeals Board – Animal Warden at 440-232-7600
Arts and Cultural Board – Mike Mallis at 440-735-6520
Assessment Equalization Board – Frank Gambosi at 440-735-6501
Board of Building Standards and Appeals -Calvin Beverly at 440-735-6531
Board of Zoning Appeals (BZA) – Calvin Beverly at 440-735-6531
Civil Service – Frank Gambosi at 440-735-6501
Historical Preservation Board – Calvin Beverly at 440-735-6531
Planning Commission – Calvin Beverly at 440-735-6531
Tree Board – Clint Bellar at 440-735-6581